Some users like to see thumbnail snapshots of pages in search results. Unfortunately, making thumbnails of Web pages manually is a tedious and error-prone process. Abivia's Web Page Thumbnail Generator greatly simplifies this task.
Download ThumbPage Here
ThumbPage is a Windows-based application that automatically loads a list of URLs and creates a thumbnail images. The images are ready to use, with no borders to trim off. The size of the browser window and the thumbnail size are easily adjusted. Thumbnails are generated in any of several popular image formats.
Since version 1.0.4, ThumbPage supports loading of a list of URLs from a text file, which makes it easy to
do bulk processing.
To be fixed:
- If the output path doesn't exist, capture fails without telling the user why.
Could be improved:
- Installer should have the option of creating desktop icon / quick launch bar entry.
- If a URL has a label in it (http://www/example.com#here), the label is ignored.
Not our problem or won't be fixed:
- If the target page has script errors or presents a dialog for any reason (eg. because of a cookie), the program waits for user input forever. Usually changes to IE settings can resolve this.
- Reloaded browser window was the wrong size.
- PNG previews were not working.
- Opening dialog defaults to PNG format, but BMP formats were being generated unless user explicitly re-selected output type.
- This version now incorporates the latest FreeImage, version 3.9.1.
- Stable release. Please report bugs.
- Fully functional. Please report bugs.